Suppose you are looking for a service that will help make a cleanout project or construction job a little easier more efficient. In that case, you might think a trash trailer is your best option, but the better choice – for your convenience and your wallet – would be one of J Bar’s Roll Off Dumpsters.
Unlike a trash trailer, which averages about 14 feet in length, our 20-cubic-yard roll-off dumpsters provide a much larger capacity for your construction jobs, house demolitions/remodels, home cleanouts, and a number of other personal and commercial jobs.
With a J Bar roll-off dumpster rental, customers typically receive a 7-day rental. However, they are not limited to that timeframe – you may keep our dumpsters on site as long as you need with daily fees.
At J Bar, one call gets it all. When you call us to rent a roll-off dumpster, the price is included in one charge with no additional delivery/environmental fees; our customer service representatives will happily provide you with all information you need regarding the rental, but if you would like to read some details regarding the dumpsters, rental periods, accepted materials, and more, we have compiled some information for you here!
20-cubic-yard dumpster dimensions: 14’L x 7’W x 6’H
*10-cubic-yard dumpster dimensions: 14’L x 7’W x 3’H
* Our 10-cubic-yard dumpsters are recommended for those disposing of a heavier material such as rock, concrete, tile roofing, asphalt shingles, and brick, as these materials reach the 3-ton weight limit rather quickly. It is recommended to keep these materials at the halfway point of the dumpster’s height in order for our trucks to remove them. This may not keep you under 3 tons, but it will significantly reduce your chances of accruing a large overweight fee.
Our dumpster pricing varies by the area your job is in. Feel free to call our office at 830-598-5227, and our customer service representatives will be happy to give you a quote, or you can check out our service area map here. Just click on the area your address is in, and you will be shown the price for that delivery.
This pricing is for the first 7 days before daily rental fees of $20 take effect. We also have a weekend dumpster option for a reduced price; these dumpsters are delivered on Friday and picked up on the following Monday.
We can accept a variety of household and construction debris in our dumpsters. Acceptable materials include regular household junk, carpet, flooring (be mindful of the weight of tile flooring), furniture, mattresses, yard waste and lumber, construction materials such as wood and drywall, dirt, gravel, stone, and rock (you would also need to be careful with these as they will reach the weight limit quicker and subject you to overweight charges).
We cannot accept hazardous waste such as liquid paint, gas, oil, tires, or appliances with Antifreeze inside them like refrigerators. Suppose you would like to dispose of this type of appliance. In that case, it must be emptied of the chemical by a licensed HVAC professional before being placed in the dumpster.
Our dumpsters have a 3-ton weight allowance. Different materials can reach that weight at different rates. Here is some helpful information from our friends at Gainsborough Waste in Houston, that gives some insight into how much material you should place in one dumpster at a time:
Leaves, grass, & other organic matter: 1 cubic yard = 0.5-0.75 tons
Dry dirt: 1 cubic yard = 1 ton
Wet dirt: 1 cubic yard = 3 tons
Rocks & gravel: 1 cubic yard = 1.2-1.35 tons
Trees/logs: 10 logs = .5 tons (may differ based on type of tree and water content)
Preparing For Your Dumpster Delivery
- Please ensure a 13-foot clearance for our delivery driver to drop your dumpster
- Make sure no other materials or equipment are blocking your preferred delivery slot
- The placement spot should be on as flat a surface as possible
- Be aware of city ordinances where you are doing your project. We can place your dumpster along the curb, but some local governments prohibit that.
- Be sure to acquire all the appropriate permits for the dumpster if your city requires them.
- Swapping Out Your Dumpster
- Just as with your delivery, make sure nothing is blocking the existing dumpster to avoid a trip charge should the driver not be able to grab the full dumpster
- Keep an eye on the dumpster level and give us a shout a few days in advance if possible since most of our deliveries/swaps are done within a 72-hour timeframe.
- Our dumpsters are subject to a 72-hour timeframe for local areas, but other parts of our service area have designated days.
Our customer service representatives will verify which zone you fall into to help determine your delivery/swap timeframe.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to be on-site for delivery?
You don’t need to be on-site for your dumpster delivery. We can place a note in the work order for the driver to give you a call en route or give the driver detailed instructions for placement for your convenience.
What are the overweight charges for your dumpsters?
Currently, our overweight fees for dumpsters that exceed the 3-ton weight limit is $65 per ton. Be sure to view the section on weight allowances for insight on the weights of different materials!
When can I expect my delivery?
We cannot give exact days/times for delivery, but inform each customer that local deliveries take place within 72 hours after your phone call, and other zones are subject to different delivery days; the CSR taking your call will be sure to verify that with you when taking your order.
Can I keep my dumpster longer than the 7-day period?
Yes, you are more than welcome to keep your dumpster for as long as you would like. After the initial 7-day period, daily rental fees will begin at $20 per day. Once you have a swap done on your dumpster, the 7-day period will start over.